Asphalt preparation is an important part of the sealcoating process.
You’ll be contacted by a Fahrner representative well before your scheduled application. At that time, we’ll go over any specific preparations or actions you need to perform before the crew arrives. Please follow recommendations carefully. In addition, the following preparations should be made as applicable.
- Keep an eye on your weather forecast. If rain is expected, we won’t be able to do the work on the scheduled day. If you don’t hear from us first, please give us a call to discuss rescheduling.
- Before our arrival, be sure the work area is free from automobiles, trailers, merchandise, debris and other materials. If the lot isn’t clear, we’ll have to seal around whatever is in the way, and this will leave some areas of asphalt unprotected and unattractive.
- Be sure to inform delivery truck drivers that your lot will be inaccessible until the sealcoating process is complete. If necessary, make alternative arrangements or reschedule deliveries.
- Make sure all your sprinkler systems are turned off at least 24 hours before we arrive; this action is necessary to ensure that the entire asphalt area is completely dry. Leave sprinklers off for at least 24 hours after the sealcoating job is complete.
- Please mow overgrown lawns adjacent to the lot, and trim any vegetation growing along the asphalt’s edge.
- Arrange to keep the newly sealed lot free of all pets, children, foot traffic or vehicles of any kind for 24 hours after job completion.
Trust an Industry Leader
At Fahrner Asphalt Sealers LLC, we have more than 35 years of experience in the pavement maintenance industry. Armed with the latest technologies, cutting-edge equipment and quality pavement preservation products, we can extend your asphalt’s life and improve its aesthetic appeal while making sure it’s safe and fully functional. A “seal contractor” that you can trust!
We lend our expertise to city streets, town roads, driveways, airports, sports surfaces and parking lots. Our services include asphalt pavement marking and line striping, crack sealing and repair, resurfacing, sealcoating and flex-patch repairs. To obtain a free job quote, give us a call or use our free job quote form today.
« Back to FAQ