Call Us (800) 332-3360

Request A Quote

What is asphalt pavement?

Asphalt pavement is most often a simple composition of stone, sand or gravel and asphalt cement. The aggregate portion of the mix usually comprises of 95% of the composition, while the asphalt cement (or binder) makes up the remaining 5%. The binder is a product of the oil refining process and acts to “glue” the aggregates together. The two elements are heated and mixed together at an asphalt plant and brought by truck to the job site where it is installed. Learn more about our asphalt services.


« Back to FAQ